...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Used to dream of being a millionaire without a care."

I'm just chillin at home getting ready to hit up the golf course when Shakira's video "she wolf" came on. Have i ever mentioned i find columbian women sexy as fuck? haha anyways, shakira's so friggin hot, you don't even notice her elaine bennice dancing. like seriously her dancing is like so awkward except for when she's belly dancing, ok well that's all for now, i'll leave you guys with some writing you can read, and a video from my varsity yr of ball made by the basketball guru, Mr. Martin.

This is an assignment i had to do for my acting for the camera class, we had to observe several people and do a write up on them. so here it is:


"I thought I’d do my first observation on someone where I spend most of my leisure time, on the basketball court. I’m playing basketball at a church near the university where there is a basketball court inside. The person that I’ve chose to observe is my friend who is guarding me. He is wearing a pair of black and yellow shoes, they are the Zoom Kobe II’s to be exact (shoes are usually the first thing I’ll notice on a person, I kind of have a shoe fetish), I’m assuming he’s wearing no show socks, since there are none to be seen, his shorts are black with a white ‘air jordan’ logo on the lower right leg, he is wearing an older grey with no logos but the sleeves have been cut off. He’s about 5’5 165 lbs, he’s got very short hair, not quite bald but just a little bit of hair on the top, he’s got dark facial hair and he’s got piercing’s in both of his ears, not the normal piercings though, they are the kind where they widen a hole in your ear, and you replace them when you want to stretch the hole even more.
We play 5 on 5 full court, the first possession my team is on offence so he is defending me. While I move without the ball his focus is not so much on me but on where the ball is. As I cut to the top of the key he is still paying attention to the man with the ball so I get a little edge on him, just as soon as I get a step on him I feel him grab at my shirt so I don’t get too far away. As I catch the ball at the top of the key he is now directly focused on me. His eyes do a quick look from left to right trying to see if there any players around who are about to set a pick on him. His right foot is positioned outside of my left foot, forcing me to dribble to my right. His right hand is raised to defend my shot, while his left hand is down to defend a crossover. I throw a jab step at him with my right foot, he bites on it and takes a huge step to his left. I pump fake a jumpshot and he trying to recover and defend the shot at the same time jumps back at me with his right hand leading in the air. There is a slight grimace on his face as he is in the air. I now take a step to the right, and shoot a jump shot. This whole sequence of me obtaining the ball to taking the jump shot all happens within a span of 4 seconds. The shot goes in, we run back down the other way of the court with smiles on both of our faces, no words are exchanged we just both knowing that I got him on that last possession.
He is now on offence and I am the defender, he moves without the ball and tries to cut to the basket, I cut his path off and give him a bump. The impact makes him grimace, he absorbs the impact and pushes off to the top of the key, where he catches the ball and squares up. He has the ball on the left side of his body by his torso, and is using his left foot as his pivot foot. He jabs to his right, with his right foot, but the ball remains on the left side of his body, I don’t go for the fake knowing that he will not go right, if the ball stays on his left side. He stands up back up straight, and again jabs to the right but this time brings the ball across his body. He dribbles to the right I shuffle with him, he dribbles hard one more time to the right. I beat him to the spot, and bump him off, but he smartens up, absorbs the impact and spins the other way as I am still slightly off balance from the collision, he takes his fadeaway jumpshot and hits it. An instant smile comes to both of our faces knowing that he just got me back, there are still no words exchanged, except this time he gives out a little laugh “haha”."

and here's a bball vid since we're on that theme.




Peace!

-J.Au...SON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment